Utility-scale power plant solutions that deliver more
Utilities demand predictable, low-cost PV solutions
Investors in utility-scale PV power plants demand the most reliable, efficient, and cost effective components and operations. To meet this need, PV module and balance-of-system (BOS) component manufacturers offer products tailored to the utility sector. These components are expected to produce predictable power over the system lifespan while surviving the harshest environments.
Utility-grade modules are often combined into megawatt-sized and larger blocks of PV -- including racking, wiring, and power electronics -- to minimize integration time and costs. However, economies of scale alone will not achieve the cost targets of investors and suppliers in the utility market. Further advances in products, system design, and support are required.
Ampt removes risk and increases the value of utility-scale PV systems
Ampt DC Optimizers meet the demanding requirements of utilities with industry-leading technology. Our unique features lower risk from utility-scale projects while delivering more value.
Ampt offers string-level DC optimizers that not only recapture mismatch and degradation losses over ther lifetime of a system, but also enable other components in the system to operate more efficiently. Central inverters, trackers, and DC wiring all benefit from a system with Ampt.
Our technology also allows designers and integrators to greatly reduce BOS costs in their systems.
More reliable. More predictable. Less cost. That’s Ampt.
- Reliable – industry leading, third party tested reliability backed by factory warranty
- Multi-mode MPPT – patented technology for maximum lifetime harvest
- Inverter compatible – deploy with any inverter
- Ampt Mode™ technology - decrease inverter cost and increase efficiency
- String Stretch™ technology – patented technology to build longer strings that use fewer combiners and less wiring
- Scalable communication – optional wireless reporting that scales for large installations
- Lower system cost – reduce the cost of inverters and electrical BOS for a lower total system cost
- Recovered mismatch losses – maximize lifetime energy production with more granular MPPT
- Higher uptime – isolate failures to prevent dropped strings and inverters
- Lower cost of PV energy
- Reduced project risk